The new 86 - looks like I WON'T get screwed this time! :)

On 8/18/05, Chris Bennett <scirocco16vr32@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks really clean.  Good going bro.

Thanks!  The parts (especially the very low mileage shine coilovers)
add up to much more than what I got the car for, so I think I made out
well...  I ended up scoring it for a little over half of the $3000 he
was originally asking for the car... The owner's brother is a VW tech
and did most of the work, including the engine swap.  Here's a webpage
he put up for the buildup:

<http://hompage.mac.com/brandoncook>

Looks like he did things right...

The interior is kinda stripped though, so I will have to redo the
headliner.  Unfortunately installing a headliner is one of the only
procedures I HAVEN'T done on a Scirocco, so I may be appealing to the
list for help when the time comes...

Later,

Mark.
75