fuel pump relay - saga continues

> > Ok, so I pulled the fuse/relay panel and checked for burnt/frayed wires.
> All
> > looked to be in good condition.

Ok, so I checked the wires again, all good, then I checked the fuses
themselves. #1 (cooling fan) turned out to be the one smoking. Its an
original style fuse and part of it snapped off due to me removing the fuse
panel the first time. Turns out it really snapped due to being brittle
because its hot as hell under load. I have to go back out after it cools off
and find out why its that hot but has not blown (as you might expect , it
being a fuse and all). It may have just become rusty / resistive over the
years. More to follow later tonight...
Al