Paint Prep

OK, so I have the "4-door Scirocco's" roof sanded with 220 grit down to primer with a little bit of metal showing through.  I'd like to hear a few people's ideas as to how exactly to procede from here.  The paint up will be Natron Urethane primer, followed by DuPont Urethane color and clear.  What sanding grits should be used at what stages?

I also have some acid to etch the bare metal with (Metal Prep or some equivalent).  Is there any particular clean-up needed to neutralize that, or do I just let it dry?

Please explain in agonizing detail how you would prep and paint this.  Thanks.

Brian

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.