E-Test Mayhem.(LONG and nowhere near as entertaining as a "Cathy story")

On 8/17/05, Scourge <scourge@cogeco.ca> wrote:
> So, Blacky, my trusted 86' 8V with the mighty 2L ABA is due for his last E-test(emissions, smog, drive clean, whatever you like to call it)

This reminds me...  Here's a little tip for any of you Ontarians who
need to do an e-test when buying a car.  There's a little loophole in
the system that I found out about when I bought my Audi.  I went to
change the ownership into my name and plate it on the same visit
(which most people do), and the semi-cute chick behind the counter
looked around nervously for her boss while handing me a note she
scribbled that said "come back tomorrow to get your plates and you
won't have to get an e-test done".    So I changed the ownership over,
and came back the next day to plate it, and sure enough, the e-test
"flag" didn't show up on the computer and I was able to plate it
without one!   I'm doing this next week when I plate the 86 I'm
picking up - with any luck I won't have to e-test it EVER, since it'll
fall off the 20 year list in January!

Good luck with your re-test George.  If it fails again, there's always
the 'friend of a friend who's cousin's sister's ex-husband's mechanic'
who can give you an over-the-counter e-test!  ;)

Later,

Mark.
75
80 S