Q2 rims repair

In a message dated 8/12/05 12:32:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
scirocco-l-request@scirocco.org writes:

> Re: Q2 rims repair

RE: Wheel Collision Center in Bath, PA
Don't use these jerks unless you absolutely have to.  They're wayyy to
expensive, and kind of shady.  I took 4 brand new TSW's there and they brought them
out and told me that 3 out of 4 were bent, and that they "found" two scratches
on the one wheel and didn't want me to think they did it.  They were brand
spanking new in the box, and I inspected all of them like a day before I took
them up there.  I still think to this day they took my brand new ones, and gave
me some re-furbished ones.  I told the guy I just bought them BRAND NEW from
the tirerack (they're an authorized tire rack dealer) and he didn't have
anything else to say other than, "are you sure?"  Of course I am... WTF?

Not only that, I know a local kid around here (Lehigh Valley,PA) that sunk
like $2000+ into some BBS RM's at that place.  They were PERFECT (looking...)
when he got them back but after he mounted tires, had a bad leak from one of
them.  Apparently, like 2 or 3 bolts in a row were loose.  That also tells me
they didn't follow the torque sequence for those wheels.  This from the same guy
that once he learned we were interrested in high $ BBS wheels took us into his
office to show us some of what they had.  Apparently the guy is like a BBS
enthusiast, and rightly so, they prolly make him the most money.  Anyway, he
showed us manuals and all kinds of techincal data on BBS wheels and some for
those in particular.  It would have been great if they actually used it when they
worked on them.

FYI, He only had one refurbished rim in stock at the time, and wanted $295
for it.  I think they bought a few from this kid that they claimed they couldn't
work with (why would they wanna buy them then?????), so they might have a set
of 4 now.

I dunno, I have a sour taste in my mouth from that joint.