Back lit gauges

Dammit, that really sucks! Sorry to hear it man, I know he was good at getting the product out in the beginning at least. I'll try what little contacts I have with him and see if something comes up. Last time you emailed me I got a pretty quick response back so who knows.

Dan
P.S.- The best way for anyone to contact me is to msg me on AIM at nitebane21 or email me at my work address at dansmith@mybrokers.com Now that there is over 2000 unread list emails, I've kinda just been ignoring this address.

David Utley <fahrvegnugen@cox.net> wrote:
Crap! Sorry to hear that Don. I was seriously considering buying that kit at one time. Don't worry, the bastards get theirs in due time...

Good luck with your bastard hunt!

David

> From: Don Walter
> Date: 2005/08/07 Sun AM 10:57:03 EDT
> To: Dan Smith
> CC: Scirocco List
> Subject: Re: Back lit gauges
>
> Dan,
> Well it looks like Patrick Rooks stiffed me for $180 for the backlit gauges.
> He kept coming up with excuses and has now since moved to Southern
> California I hear. Apperantly there is some talk on Vortex about others.
> Have you had any contact with him lately?
>
> Don
> On 3/13/05, Dan Smith wrote:
> >
> > Did you have any luck with the vortex screenname? It's too bad the idea
> > never really took off, I thought the product was really cool and the pricing
> > quite reasonable.
> > Dan
> >
> > *Don Walter * wrote:
> >
> > Dan,
> > I hate to keep pestering you one this but you were our only contact
> > with Pat. If he is not going to make they do you know any of the
> > specifics about how he was doing it? What parts did he use? I really
> > want to acheive this effect with my scirocco. I have tried both of
> > his previous emails but no answer. Do you know where he was from?
> > Phone number?
> >
> > Help please.
> > Don
> >

> > On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:32:00 -0600, Don Walter wrote:
> > > Does he have a phone number? Or do you know how he was making them?

> > > --
> > > Don Walter - Waukesha, WI
> > > 1986 1.8 16V Black Scirocco (see progress at
> > > http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/708939)
> > > 1986 2L 16V Toronado Red Scirocco (under repair)
> > > 1988 1.8 16V Toronado Red Scirocco (sold on 3/29/04)
> > > 1984 1.8 8V Pewter Scirocco (sold years ago)
> > > 1971 Karman Ghia (sold)
> > > 1969 Karman Ghia (sold)
> > > 1969 Beetle (sold)
> > >

> > --
> > Don Walter - Waukesha, WI
> > 1986 1.8 16V Black Scirocco (see progress at
> > http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/708939)
> > 1986 2L 16V Toronado Red Scirocco (under repair)
> > 1988 1.8 16V Toronado Red Scirocco (sold on 3/29/04)
> > 1984 1.8 8V Pewter Scirocco (sold years ago)
> > 1971 Karman Ghia (sold)
> > 1969 Karman Ghia (sold)
> > 1969 Beetle (sold)

> Don Walter - Waukesha, WI
> 1986 2.0L 16V TEC 2 Black Scirocco (see progress at
> http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/708939)
> 1986 2L 16V Toronado Red Scirocco (under repair)
> 1988 1.8 16V Toronado Red Scirocco (sold on 3/29/04)
> 1984 1.8 8V Pewter Scirocco (sold years ago)
> 1971 Karman Ghia (sold)
> 1969 Karman Ghia (sold)
> 1969 Beetle (sold)

'83 GTI, Daily Driver...