From: daniel savatteri <yoscirocco@hotmail.com>
To: sad_rocc@yahoo.com; ydrogs@gmail.com; Scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Sent: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 23:59:03 -0400
Subject: Re: Tires

Def. go with the G-Force Sports, the best tire for the money and better
than most tires that are twice the price. BFG's make really good tires
that are pretty cheap because i think Michelin owns them as their
little brother cheaper tire company. AVS 100's suck ass. I had them in
the same size your looking and for tires with a slightly high profile
they should have had a much longer life. All Yokos suck because of
their wacky tread patterns as do most tires with wacky tread patterns.
I here ok things about the Ecstas but I really like BFG's and I'm
always disappointed when I stray from them. I had the BFG Comp TAs
before them and they were great too. Good luck with your search.

>From: Dan Smith <sad_rocc@yahoo.com>
>To: Gordy Stedman <ydrogs@gmail.com>, Scirocco-l@Iscirocco.org
>Subject: Re: Tires
>Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:48:17 -0700 (PDT)
>
>BFG G-Force Sports. About the same price as the Ecstas, better wear
rating >and these things ROCK! I've gone thru a few midwest rainstorms
and a brutal >one in the mountains of PA where there's like 1-3" of
standing water on the >highway. Not even a twitch or anything. I also
managed to do an emergency >swerve at about 90mph and there wasn't even
a squeak from the tires (dry >roads). With some crappy tires, there
would have been some fishtailing (or >worse!) for sure. I cannot
recommend these tires highly enough. It's hard >to say what the best
part is, between the wet/dry handling, the price and >the Z rating. I
have 205/40/16s and man, those sidewalls are rock solid.