From: scirocco-l-bounces+peter=thescirocco.com@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces+peter=thescirocco.com@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of
GREG DUNN
Sent: Saturday, April 30, 2005 11:55 AM
To: Jeff; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Exhaust again

> Sorry for all the repetition on the subject, but I will be purchasing
cat
> back/and or downpipe back system for my 79 with a slightly tuned 1.8
> and
no
> cat. Just wanted some quick opinions on size,  2"  vs 2.25".  I'm
> leaning towards 2.25, and budget is a concern, around $200- $250  if I
> can. Thanks all ,  Jeff in Georgia

If that is all your engine is going to be, 2" is great.  2.25" is better
when you start making 150+hp.  Otherwise it is unnecessary and can possibly
(though it is hard to prove) reduce some low-midrange response.  I have had
oodles of VWs with 2 nad 2.25".  I am fabbing up a 2.5" system for my Dasher
right now, but it s going to be around 200hp.

gd