Strut Bearing/Shaft Problem

I always put an appropriately sized 1/2 inch drive non-deep socket over the nut, grab the socket with some vise grips and stick an allen wrench through the top of the socket.

I'm sure there is a proper tool for the task but that's worked for me the last four years.

Anson

Chris Bennett <scirocco16vr32@gmail.com> wrote:
I am sure this has been beat to death a million times by now... Sorry,
but can someone point me in the right direction for the tool needed to
remove the nut from the top of the strut tower?!? It's maddening... a
22mm socket fits in there perfectly but you can't imobilize the
shaft... an offset wrench ALMOST fits but not quite...

AND YES... I have SPRING COMPRESSORS... LOL I have been to Sears,
every other tool place in town and I tell them this is for a Scirocco
and I get the blank stare, nobody knows what a Scirocco is but they
want to sell me a spring compressor for one!!!

I am waiting for the SNAP-ON dude to call me back. He's pretty sure
that they make one, but he doesn't know if he has it.

Thanks in advance.
Chris
423-912-8962

--
Build a man a fire and keep him warm for an evening...
Set him on fire, and keep him warm for the rest of his life.