From: scirocco-l-bounces+peter=thescirocco.com@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces+peter=thescirocco.com@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of
scas660@netzero.com
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2005 10:37 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: odd symptoms..help

Looking for advice -

My '86 16V has been doing odd things lately. While idling at a stop light,
my the RPM's have been jumping from 900 to about 2500 yet the engine doesn't
race with the meter. Also, the other day, while stuck in major NY city
traffic, the car simply died twice (luckly, the first time I was on a slight
downhill incline and rolled to jump-start it & the second time I asked the
guy behind me to give me a push in order to jump it). For the rest of the
ride home, I had to keep the engine racing slightly so it wouldn't stall
again. Also, everytime I accelerated, the car would buck and hiccup. Oh, and
the fuel pump under the back seat was unusually loud. What do you think I
have going on...dirty injectors, grounding problems, bad oxygen sensor, bad
fuel pump or filter?

Thanks for any advice ahead of time, Steve