Fuel Guage

> From: "Edward Effinger" <Eeffinger@conestogac.on.ca>
> Date: 2005/04/20 Wed AM 08:45:16 EDT
> To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> Subject: Re: Fuel Guage
>
> Hi.
> I replaced my gas tank with a new one over the winter and have the rocco on the road now.
> It seems that my gas guage only reads a bit over the half mark, even though the tank is full.
>
> Any thoughts on what I should look at?
>
> Thanks
> Ed 1981 S (with new paint finally)

I can't remember for sure, but IIRC this is a capacitor, or a transistor at the cluster (unless the float in the tak IS actually stuck at half-tank)...

I shouldn't say any more, because I cannot remember any pertinent details.  Regardless, I hope it helps...  :-)

David

'83 GTI, Daily Driver...
'87 16V, parts car
'82 pickup, 2.0 16V, collecting dust...