Calif. Senate to vote Tu 4-19 on speed cameras - $400 ticketsin the mail

> We used to have photo radar here (Ontario, Canada) as well
> (in Astro vans parked along the highway), but it was very
> unpopular and disappeared after a new provincial government
> campaigned with a promise to get rid of them.

IIRC, these trucks were bought by the BC government back around 1997-1998?
They used them a while, then I moved out of BC, so I don't know what they
did with them.

It was advertised were they'd be parked, and you could easily spot them from
a distance. So they weren't a big threat to speedy drivers.