OT : Taxes, and Home business Rules and Deductions on Vehicles.

because your only supposed to be able to deduct vehicle expenses that
are job related (self employed) or business expenses (employee expenses
- this is explained as a corp sending you to a location and you are
using your vehicle to perform employee business for your employer - such
a pizza delivery boy could expense his car he uses for deliveries, but
any tom dick and joe driving to work every day cannot.

look up the following

2106 form : http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f2106.pdf
2106 Instructions: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i2106.pdf