does a 3A Block fit under a 1.8L Jetta Engine ?

Wanting to know if a 3a Audi Block will fit under a digifant 1990
Jetta 1.8L Head without modifications?
_____________________

Yes, the head will fit on the block just fine.  Some other points to
consider - putting it in a Scirocco, you need to get the breather block off
plate to mount the warm-up regulator to the block, and an adapter ring to
use your old distributor in the bigger 3A hole.  You need to swap over the
3A disributor gear onto your distributor as well.  Drill out the pin most of
the way through, then pound it out.  Get a new pin that fits tight, and peen
it in there.

Techtonics sells the adapter pieces, but make sure they send the 3A ones and
not the ABA ones.  When I did the 3A swap in my Dasher, they sent the ABA
blockoff plate and it does not work.

gd