From: scirocco-l-bounces+dmaula=gordonrees.com@scirocco.org on behalf of Denny Maula
Sent: Mon 4/11/2005 11:25 PM
To: Scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: 88 16v for sale (mine) So Cal San Diego

Hey fellow listers.  Its been wonderful being part of the list, but alas I must part with my rocc due to financial constraints. (marriage)

 Here's the lowdown.

1988 Flash Silver 16v

mechanical:
Good

t/b replaced 40 k ago along with wp, tensioner, fuel pump, fuel filter

replaced 3k ago:
air filter
oil filter
coolant
thermostat
heater hose to oil cooler
wiper blades
spark plugs
gear oil

Bad

Thermotime switch needs to be replaced (wired to a fused switch )
Odometer died along with speedo
short in power lock system
Shifter needs adjustment (first is tricky)
needs alignment and tire balance
Rattling steering column

BODY
no BS here. the car was in an accident prior to my purchase. Dent in pass. side  rear 3/4 panel and passenger door.  Rear bumper pushed in on drivers side, small wrinkle in driverside rear 3/4 panel (not obscenely large)
paint is shoddy and body is rough.  Pass. door stil opens and closes but should be replaced. drivers door works fine.  Dash is cracked and driver's seat adj knob broken.  Still adjusts with screwdriver. the rest of the interior is good.  All plastics in good condition. Has an unmolested rear parcel shelf.  All glass is fine and the car is mechanically sound. I drive it everyday and it just passed smog in ca at a test only center with flying colors.  Trans is smooth shifting, no grinding, clutch grabs hard.

I'm not looking to make anything on the car, just selling it for what I got it for.

First 1,100.00 gets it .. title and all.

I have no doubts that this car could make a trip to the east coast. It doesnt overheat, stutter or wheze. Lots of power left.

Please feel free to email me off list if you are interested.

I have pics if someone can host.

Thanks for the bandwith.

-Denny

San Francisco  *  San Diego  *  Los Angeles  *  Sacramento  *  Orange County  *  Las Vegas  *  Portland  *  Houston  *  Phoenix

This email communication may contain CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION WHICH ALSO MAY BE LEGALLY PRIVILEGED and is intended only for the use of the intended recipients identified above. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, dissemination, distribution, downloading, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by reply email, delete the communication and destroy all copies. GORDON & REES LLP  http://www.gordonrees.com