From: Jim Ruffi <sciroccos@earthlink.net>
To: John Gates <gatesj@mailblocks.com>; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Sent: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 10:52:44 -0400
Subject: RE: axle nut vs. breaker bar + worst repair nominations

You are completely correct.  We used to have the compressor cranked way
up
in our old shop, but I'm sure that was potentially dangerous.  Plus,
those
wrenches have probably gotten more efficient.

That said, I'm sure 90psi is recommended by the manufacturer to keep
everybody out of trouble, but ask any mechanic and he/she will tell you
they
use 120-180 psi to get more punch out of their tools...

I just called my friend who runs a shop and he said his is set to 175

But I'm not recommending that....