Rocco is alive

> From: "Chad Eatock" <ceatock@sympatico.ca>
> Date: 2005/04/10 Sun PM 11:14:03 EDT
> To: "Sciroccolist" <Scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> Subject: Rocco is alive
>
> Took the rocco out today for a spin but before I took it off the blocks I did a check of her and found that almost all of my torx type bolts that hold the CVaxle on the driver side had all come loose and were almost falling out!  How the fuck does that happen??

I had this happen either two three times on my Westy Bus before I realized the problem.  I finally figured out it was a combination on grease in the threads, and the bluish coating that they put on the new CV joint bolts available at the dealer...  I cleaned out the thread with Chemtool or similar, and wire-wheeled the coating off the threads, no more problems...

HTH

David

'83 GTI, Daily Driver...
'87 16V, parts car