OT -Photography stuff

Hey chap, I have an Olympus E-10 It's a fucking dinosaur, great lens decent ccd but it's slow as molasses on an eskimo's ass.

I realy don't know anything about cameras, I just buy my brothers cast off equipment at a vastly reduced rate and trot about with them feeling self important.

I know Getty bought a digi-rebel so he might have a wee bit of insight on that tip.

The 10D is a hell of a camera... that's why it cost's a bajillion bucks... and then you have to start buying glass for it.

Anson

Scourge <scourge@cogeco.ca> wrote:
This one's directed mostly at Anson, but only because I'm not sure who else is into (digital)photography on the list.
What camera was it that you had? I'm thinking 10D but I could be wrong.
Anyway, I'm looking at getting a D-rebel XT this summer, my S1 IS just isn't cutting it. Any suggestions on where to get it? I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it in the US because it's around $200 cheap with the exchange where it's at now. I'm not sure if there's a decent website I should grab it from, or actually come down and get it in-store.
Any other camera's in the same class/price range you think I should look at? I have also considered the (slightly) older Rebel, but I'm not too sure it'll stack up to what I want. I know you can use the firmware hack to open up a few more features, but it still seems to lack a little for the price.

thanx
-George -still learning the magic of composition