Those Who Have Relocated Alt. - Please Read

At 07:12 PM 4/4/05, Brian Haygood wrote:

>I don't want to hijack Renard's question or what belt to use for
>relocating alt to A/C location, but....
>

>How do you relocate the alt to the rear of the engine?  Saw this had been
>done on something.  Can it be done on a 16v rocco?
>

>Brian

Well for VW Motorsports all they had to do was make a custom
bracket.  Pretty easy to do if
you have the fabrication skills.  They did it for the Golf Limited(G60 16V)
and had to put the alternator
behind the cylinder head because the supercharger took up the space where
the alt. usually goes.

John