From: scirocco-l-bounces+marc=getty.net@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces+marc=getty.net@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Ben
Harder
Sent: Saturday, April 02, 2005 1:47 PM
To: Jeff Toomasson; scirocco-l@scirocco.org (E-mail);
VWC@vintagewatercooleds.com
Subject: Re: Poll: Power steering rack on manual or regular manual rack
onmk1

Jeff,

  I am still in great debate over this one... I went from manual to power on
my
'80 for one main reason: the 16v PS rack has a closer ratio lock-to-lock
compared to the manual rack, which is actually very helpful on the racetrack
(and in parking lots).  One downside to the power rack is that the steering
is
almost too easy now... it lacks some of the feedback the manual rack had.  I
am
thinking about adding a flow reducer on the PS pump to decrease the flow of
fluid to the rack... I am thinking this would help the PS rack get back some
of
the tighter feel that is missing.  Anyone ever try/hear of this?

Ben