A3 metal headgasket vs. copper

A3 metal headgasket vs. aftermarket copper headgasket
<http://headgasket.com/> ...

Which is "better"?

I've been running an oily, yucky, leaky (not blown) headgasket for as
long as I've had the car, and I'd like to upgrade when I do the head.

Application: 2.0 16V, stage 1 head, non-boost (for the foreseeable
future).  So if the A3 gasket lowers compression, that would not be
ideal... I've just won an ebay auction on a good condition stock 2.0
head (item 7964624022) which is not yet P&Ped, but I do not plan to have
it "decked" unless necessary.

- Camron from Vancouver, WA USA
   '86.5 Black 16V 2.0L Scirocco