Oil Pans

Since you are local (I live in Vancouver too) you might want to check out the
oil pan spacer sold by Vince at Quality VW Parts:
http://www.qualityvwparts.com/oilpan.htm

Vince doesn't have the best reputation for being reliable as a mailorder
source, but as I have bought MANY thousands of dollars of VW parts from him I can
tell you he is pretty much a standup guy with the locals. (PS-- I also know
where he lives).

Good quality stuff and well researched.

The BEST option for increased oil capacity would be a dry sump setup like
Bertil's sells but those are crazy expensive:

http://www.bertilsengines.com/products/drysump.html

As far as coating the pan with a ceramic thermal emissive coating goes-- In
my opinion you'd be far better off with one of the Schrick cast aluminum pans--
which  has external fins for better heat dissappation and cast-in internal
baffles to help keep oil at the pickup tube.  But even at that, the best bet for
additional oil cooling is an external cooler mounted in the airstream.

Just another opinion-
Danny
Caddy, BMW Baur, Valkyrie and a bunch of Scirocco 1s
Vancouver, Washington