Torque steer

To add to what Larry and Al have said, unequal power causes one wheel to pull harder, causing the
steering wheel to pull to one side in turn.  Add unequal compliance (or stiffness, I guess) to the
mix, and it's worse - that's why VW made the long driveshaft larger in diameter than the other, to
try to balance the compliance side-to-side.  Also, the open diff makes torque steer worse.  Not
much you can really do since it's largely a design issue...except the LSD, of course...

Ron