From: C Boyko [mailto:roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca]
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 4:03 PM
To: Allyn
Cc: Edward Effinger; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Fuel smell inside car

I had terrible fuel smell issues this year, after replacing the filler
nack and attached hose, I came to realize that the tank was leaking at
the seam (as well as the other two, they were both shot too). So check
the seam on the tank, look for wetness (gas) on the axle near the
filler, that's where mine failed. The reason I mention it is that it
really smelled inside the car (worse than out actually) and it was worse
when I parked on an incline. Needless to say, it was the 16V. It has a
new tank now, courtesy of VWoA. or VWoC, whatever.

Cathy