Another fuel pump question (this one maybe odd)...

Ok so I asked about increased sputtering an I think
the fuel pump is at fault

I got a fuel pump today That I won on ebay. It is new
never used(that is what he says) It looks new and
seems like its never been used, buut it has fluid in
it. Im not sure that is gas.....???

Is that supossed to be the case?
I want to know prior to replacing it an it blowing my
car up???? I dont know what to make of it.

It has the two little caps on each ends that hold the
fluid in place.....

I'll be replacing the relay, ground cable and air
filter any other suggestions to cure the sputtering?

Thanks
Tony
82 Scirocco (rodolfo)