Suspension ?

Hey all,

Is it possible to easily modify an a1 chassis to accept coilovers
designed for an a2 chassis? I plan on using camber plates in the front.
Has anyone tried this? Just thinking, I can get a set of coilovers for
an a2 cheap. Since I autoX "The Project" in DM, I can pretty much do
what I want to the suspension.

OK, in case it's not EASILY possible or not worth it, which shocks would
be good Tokico Illuminas or Bilstein Sports (Konis are out of my $$
range). "The Project" is road worthy but it's not a daily driver, I plan
on getting real linear race springs to go with them probably somewhere
in the 400# rear and 300# front range, a coilover kit and front camber
plates.

TIA,

TomC
'79 "The Project" Scirocco
http://www.tom-c.com
Now with improved all browser friendly photo album.