Queen of piddly stuff

And Martha Stewart at home, too!
----- Original Message -----
From: "C Boyko" <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca>
To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 5:10 AM
Subject: Queen of piddly stuff

Okay, now you may think I've been knitting and baking bread or something
since I haven't posted about my automotive exploits. Well, that is partly
correct, but I've been the absolute queen of minor repairs now that I have
that clutch under my belt. So here's the list in the last few weeks:

Multimeter:
New battery and fuse, to facilitate repairs below

Beetle:
New front fender liner and associated plastic repairs
New floor mat clips (Ohhh, ahhhh)
Still can't get the brake lamp replaced...
New glow plug relay
New air filter
(now just remember, everything on a New beetle is a major PITA to do.

Valdez: (87 Jetta)
Remove and get alternator rebuilt
Remove two sheared bolt pieces from altenator bracket

The Headache: (87 16V)
New clutch cable and rubber bits to thread it through
500 kms of clutch break in ( that was so horrible...)
New pinch bolt for ball joint
Two new E brake cables
New seat rail bushings
Several attempts to replace FUBA, I'm giving up for now
Test O2 sensor and set mixture
Sticker detuning
Fix annoying rattle on gas tank heat shield

Klaus:
Install new cheap MP3 player (my whole system cost $150 CDN, not bad)
Remove and replace Cherry Bomb muffler, sniff, I miss it
Fix teensy weensy little knob that you set the clock with
Repaint rear badges, and fire extingusher
Mount fire extinguisher
Glue more crap to dash
Rewire power to radio
Fix power to clock/dome light
Start stripping "new" rims (P slots) for the baby
Replace front wiper motor
Get both washer motors working
Half way to getting the back wiper motor to work (needs power)
Seat rail bushings
Reset idle
New throttle cable

Oh and it goes on. Did you ever hear of so much piddly stuff? But it's all
the type of stuff that makes you stark raving mad. Now you will notice
there is one significant member of the fleet omitted, the Cabby. It's up
next, and it'll have a whole list at least as long, so stay tuned for more
automotive thrills.
What did I ever fill my days with before I had these cars?

Cathy
1987 2L 16V Scirocco - the Silver Headache
1979 1.8L 10:1 8V - Klaus- sounds like 0.33 of a Chevelle
"The light at the end of the tunnel is probably an oncoming train"