From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Nate Mellom
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 7:18 PM
To: Scirocco list; Syncro List
Subject: Road trip adventure, might need some help on the way home

Fellow listers,
Here's the dilly, yo.
Next Thursday, my friend and I are flying from Milwaukee to Colorado to
celebrate my grandmother's 80th birthday.  We are coming back sometime
Monday or Tuesday, but we're not flying.  We're bringing back a 1984 Audi
4000s, non-Quattro.  It's in nice shape, with some minor things we'll take
care of before we head back.  We're bringing/buying a full compliment of
tools, fluids, parts, etc, etc, for the trip.  All (well, hopefully all)
problematic considerations will be considered before the
18 hour, 1200 mile road trip, but anything can happen.  What I'm looking for
is sort of the VW Bus (I think) Road Trip Assistance deal.  Looking for
listers on our route to be on-call/available/within phone call range in case
something major happens on the way home.  Not that anything will, just in
case.

The route:
We're taking I-70 from Grand Juntion, CO through Denver across the
mountains.  If snow is an issure, we'll head up through Cheyenne WY and
back down around the main pass.  We'll pick up I-80 out of Colorado
across Nebranka, Iowa and Illinois, back to Beloit, WI.

If there is anyone who'd like to participate, I'd appreciate it.  I'll
make a list of names and phone numbers for the trip.

If there are any questions, please shoot me an email OFF LIST!!!!!
Much appreciated!!

Nate