Larry, I mis-spoke (Notching the piston for power)

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Fry [mailto:rocco16@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 8:36 PM
To: fahrvegnugen@cox.net; Douglas Conyers; Tonee Northam
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Re: Larry, I mis-spoke (Notching the piston for power)

> I keep seeing this commercial for the big Lexus.  They are in a wind
tunnel, and this large apparatus grabs the car, and turns it upside down.
They have the fan on and of course the smoke...  They show that the smoke
trail does not break up for a good bit of the length of the car, due to the
dimples in the under body panels...  I am sorry, I do not know what model
(don't drive the rice, really nice or not)...  :-)

Ad hype.  Not uncommon.
 The underside of the production automobile is so "dirty" that dimples would
not make one whit of aero difference.

Oh, yes sir, I believe everything I see on TV.
:)
Larry
sandiego16v

And nothing you read, yeah, I know...  :)