cincy '05 - the documentary

Hey listers - Well, with all this cincy talk, I just can't hold it in
any longer, so I'd like to announce a little dream of mine:

I want to make the Scirocco.org feature-length documentary.

A look at the car called Scirocco, and the enthusiats who keep them
going (at *any* cost), with the culmination being the Scirocco.org 5th
annual Cincy '05 gathering in Wilmington, Ohio.

Of course, this project would be contingent on the approval of everyone
here - particularly esteemed host Daun - but I have wanted to embark on
this project for some time. Here's why...

I am a film/video professional - as well as a scirocco nut like everyone
else here on this list - so I believe I would do this project supreme
justice.  A few other factors which have me enthusiatic are the recent
popularity of  the independent documentary (such as "Spellbound" and
"Super Size Me"), the unveiling of the new Canon XL2 Widescreen 24P DV
Camcorder, and my burning desire to attend my first Cincy Event!

Aside from general list approval, it would also be dependent upon
funding, crewing (1-3 additional people), and availability (my wedding
date is July 2, 2005), but I think this is a worthwhile project.  I have
several ideas for the format of the film (and will gradly accept input
from everyone here),  dealing briefly with the history of the Scirocco,
its engineering, the people of the .org list and their pet projects, and
of course the Cincy Event... as well as a few surprises.

So everyone let me know what you think!

- Camron from Vancouver, WA USA
   '86.5 Black 16V 2.0L