fueling hardware

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of E.Noval
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2004 10:34 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: fueling hardware

I finally put my new gastank in today -- found out that it was rotted out
around the the two lines (return/vent) on the top/passenger side of the
tank. Nice big hole.

Im wondering what the purpose of the small white plastic rectangular box
is for (near the fuel pump) -- besides mating two different hoses
together.

Is it necessary? Does anyone have the Etka number for it?
Id like to check how much they are at VW cause mine is partially cracked.

Thanks
Ed
87 mk2

IIRC, the purpose of that is to stop the surges the fuel pump makes from
going anymore upstream...  I am not certain this is the case, but that is
what I want to say...

HTH

David