wiring how-to's

Unfortunately, there's no site with anything helpful. But it's not
really as hard as it appears - assuming you're using an original mk1
harness. There are a couple of things you can do:

- for the parts of the harness that would be in the car, you can kind
lay it out on the ground and know where's it's supposed to end up. No
wires run down the passenger side of the car, so keep it driver-centric.

- HVAC wires are large in gauge

- the instrument cluster and dash switches should be obvious, same for
the two center console switches

- the rest goes into the engine bay - you should be able to pick out the
starter cable, CIS harness, headlight/signal wires rather easily. Again,
the spatial representation will give you lots of clues to the general
location of things.

- once you get 90% figured out (which you should be to do), just ask the
list!  :)

Like I've mentioned, spatial representation is key.

HTH, JT