wiring how-to's

Does anyone know of a tech writeup on how to rewire a mk1? All non-essential wires were cut and so if I want heat and dash lights and everything else, I need to replace the wiring with a new harness I have. However, I know zip about electronics and cannot figure out how the hell to read the wiring diagram in the Bently. Also, the wiring harness isn't labeled. Is there some trick or website with photos that I could figure it out from?

Dan