Scirocco-l Digest, Vol 18, Issue 19

In a message dated 10/19/04 1:04:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
scirocco-l-request@scirocco.org writes:

I have a problem where sometimes about 2 seconds after I start my '88
16v rocco the water temp light on the dash will blink at me.  It wont go
out if I just shut it down but if I wait for it to get up to temp, shut
it off and restart it, no blinking no over heating.  If I don't shut it
down and restart it after it gets up to operation temp the heat will
just keep right on going up.  I replaced the radiator fan sensor with a
lower temp one during the summer.  Any ideas where this electrical
gremlin might be hiding?

Brad
I would check the coolant level, I have found  in my 86 16v sometimes it
requires slighlty more than whats indicated on the bottle. Also, if it's old or
been overheated the temp level sensor in the bottle may be bad.   Michael