From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Scourge
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 10:29 PM
To: Rocco list
Subject: ahhhhhhhhhhh

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I took a quick break from writing up a little "thing" about this weekends
motor swap to drive the girlfreind home. Drive away from her place and it
shifts a little weird to 2nd....next stop sign, won't go in to first....or
any other gear. GREAT!!! As if the freaking thing hasn't given me enough
problems!!!!!!

While running i won't go into any gear unless you match the idle speed. I
though clutch cable needed to be tightened a little, no difference. the
clutch won't release fully. if I put it in first, and the start the car, I
can get around, but that's it.

New clutch disc, used 16v pp(looked to be in excellent shap), lightened
flywheel.
new throwout breaing. It shifted fine for the first 40kms.
that could this be? (same symptoms as when my PP cracked on my old golf)

-George