trunk space

C Boyko wrote:

> <>The (87) headache is done like this, one continuous sheet of carpet from
> the hatch to the front of the back bench. I just put the seats back in
> overtop of it when they are in there, often they are out. The only
> problems are the lack of a sound box for the rear deck speakers, and you
> see your rear brake lights at night a bit distracting). On MkI's, there
> are also those little metal daggers that anchor the front of the lower
> part of the bench, Klaus' yummy chocolate carpet is also done like that.
> Cathy, a bit behind on the email, sorry.
>
>Cathy
>1987 2L 16V Scirocco - the Silver Headache
>1979 1.8L 10:1 8V - Klaus- sounds like 0.33 of a Chevelle
>"The light at the end of the tunnel is probably an oncoming train"

I do have the daggers so I might have to make a cover or something to go
on top of 'em. A solution for the rear lights is to get some thing
fairly solid and duct tape one over each light box. I have no intention
of ever having a speaker box. IMHO they are useless space fillers at
best and ugly at worst. That and the fact that the car came with no
stereo comes into play. Perhaps I will steal the one from QE2. Bow to
the power of 8-track *with* AM/FM.

Back to the noise problem. Okay, the noise suppresion problem. One of
the main reasons behind using wood is the asthetic value. Maybe using
speaker carpet under half a 2x4 (a 1x4 but with the rounded edges common
on 2x4s) would work. I would have to make what ever I put down either
fully or partially removable in order to get to the spare tire.

--
Cars:

	'78 Lincoln mark V "QE2" nearly abandoned work in progress
	'80 Scirocco mk1 searching for a name
	'92 Ford Tempo "the... ford" soon to be replaced by rocco as DD
Sharp pointy things:
	18" HI Kobra "pillow knife"
	17.5" HI Ang Khola Villager "camp axe"
	~48" Custom two hander. unnamed