My first EVER non A1 VW purchase is...

Congrats on that!  There are a few collectors of those cars.  I think they are a classic shape, a good progression from the original Scirocco, but with panache'...  Sounds like a killer deal...  Unfortunatley, I do not have any info to offer.  However, there are a few Audi-heads in the club, they can prolly list a few Audi forums that I can pass on to you if you are intersted at all..

Cheers,
  David