Max size of over bored pistons for JH?

Dude,
  I can appreciate that answer, and I appreciate the diplomacy...  :-)  However, these are the reason why I am leaning this way...  I want to put a motor in, not FI, nor another ignition system...  I want to just do the mechanical side of things, since I already have a pickup that has Motronic in it, not working...  This is my GTI, my DD.  That, and I have another JH lying around, so I thought what the hey...  I am considering going over bore, but I may just stay with stock and say screw it...  I would love to build the 3A I have already, but it will be a bit more expensive as I would like to go all out with powder coating treatments, etc...  I bought that engine to throw underneath my G60 engine and management, but again, that would not be a quick project to do quickly...

  The reason why I am wanting to replace the motor I have is that it rattles when cold...  I damaged one or two of the lifter bores sometime ago, and I think they have wollered themselves out to make noise when cold.  Also, the bores were badly scratched by carbon and while Total Seal rings have helped quite a bit with controlling this,  the pistons are severly cobbled on the exhaust-valve-side of them.  As the noise and vibration continue to get worse, I am afraid the sucker will grenade on me...  I would get the pickup running, but to be honest I am a bit lost on it...  I have both Bentleys, and even a factory only wiring diagram book, but I am unsure what the flock I am doing...  I have started and stopped so many times (which I am sure is part of the problem) that I do not know which way is up...

That, and I thought if and when I get the 2.0 G60 in there, that I could sell the JH to some turbo head if I decided to...

With all that crap, what say you?

David

Oh, and I love you too...  But, in a manly way...  :-)