From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Patrick Bureau
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 1:47 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: How many oil switches????

the small sensor on the oil flange is actually an oil temp sender, the
pressure switches are rather large (almost twice the size of the temp
senders)  normally you have a white colored on on the oil flange (low
pressure) and one on the side of the head (black colored) for high
pressure (this is based on the 82 with JH engine I had at home.

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 09:52:00 -0700 (PDT), Neptuno <neptunonc@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Ok So I know that one is there...
> How about on the side of the head? Is there one there for the 82's Or is
that for models that come later?
> I have seen an Oil switch there on other 8V Sciroccos, But I have yet to
encounter a properly working 82 to make the comparison.

> The one that you mention is the little one towards the front of the car
and there is another that hooks up on the top of the oil flange that is the
sender for the Oil Temp gauge (Cel*)

> I still have to find where the main blk/blu wire comes from the harness.
Anyone know?

> I have to guess that the engine may have been replaced on my car or that
some work was done that entailed cutting those wires. I guess this cause
when I first got the car the Oil Temp wire was cut and tucked into the
casing that bundles a group of wires comming into the engine bay. But I
could not find the lead for the Oil switch(buzzer)

> TIA,
> Tony
>

> "David L. Winchell, II" <davidwinchell2@sprynet.com> wrote:
> IIRC, On my 82, the front switch on the oil filter housing (i.e. the one
> closest to the radiator) was where I installed the pressure switch for the
> VDO gauges. This is the one that tells your buzzer to sound when your
> pressure drops too low.
>
> HTH,
>
> Dave
>
> David L. Winchell, II
> DavidWinchell2@sprynet.com
> 87 16V Scirocco
> 86 8V Scirocco
> 84 G60 turbo swap BBS Scirocco (Being picked up this Saturday)
> 01 V6 Galant
> 00 Silverado
> www.cardomain.com/id/xavsbud

Patrick Bureau - patrick.bureau@gmail.com
'01 4L Jeep Cherokee Blue (Daily Driver)
'85 2L VW Scirocco (going to be a racer..)
Following are for SALE :
'89 1.8L VW Cabriolet, '98 4L Jeep Cherokee Sport, '91 7.3L Diesel Ford
F250.