was Brought home the 87 8v now Keeping auto tranny cool

What do you mean air to oil? AN extention from the tranny fluid to a radiator type cooler? I have never seen anything like that on a VW....However I think a saw a Chevy Nova (hot rod) with one.....It was a factory thing for them.

David Utley <fahrvegnugen@cox.net> wrote:They use normal ATF...

B&M makes a great ATF that does wonders for Bimmers, but I have not had any experience with what that may or may not do for VW... To that end, are BMW A/trannys made by ZF? If so, I would expect that the B&M stuff would help with the life of the thing. They do indeed get too hot. A custom external air to oil cooler (not oil to oil) does help to extend their lives...

David

> From: Neptuno
> Date: 2004/10/11 Mon AM 11:55:09 EDT
> To: Daun Yeagley , Kyscirocco@aol.com,
> scirocco-l@scirocco.org
> Subject: Re: Brought home the 87 8v
>
> How regularly should one change the transmission Fluid on the automatics? I have had mine for a year and I havent done it yet....and I have no Idea what the PO did as far as regular changes.
>
> Also what is the replacement fluid of choice? I know this trannies produce quite a lot of heat. Do any of this fluids keep things nice and cool?
>
> Gracias,
>
> Tony
>

> As it's an automatic, be sure to change the transmission
> fluid regularly. These transmissions do not enjoy a good
> reputation.

---Chrome don't get you home.---