specialty tools

What's a good place to buy specialty tools for head dissassembly?
like valve spring compressor and pliers for the valve guides and
seals etc. I've got 2 16v heads i'd like to take apart, clean and
reassemble, and for the cost of a shop to do the work I figure I
could buy tools and do it myself, I was hoping someone here has a fav
make or brand of compressor. I see hundreds for sale on ebay for $10,
and specialty VW shops selling them for $100, that's quite a range.

Ryan
81-s