Windage tray + oil pump surge baffle fitment

Ah ah.... confussion, sorry.

The baffle I'm talking about  is attached to the oil pump pickup, the 16v engines use a bigass bastard which will not work in conjuction with  the a3 gasget/windage tray.

The good-ole 1.8 8v's used a smaller plastic baffle attached to the pickup which should not interfere with the tray.

Anson

Drew MacPherson <drew@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:
On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 10:33, Neptuno wrote:
> Is the windage tray the one that fits under the valve
> cover? Or is that a completly different animal?

That's the baffle that keeps the excess oil in the head from entering
the crankcase vent. The baffle is found on motors with hydraulic
lifters.

The windage tray or oil pan baffle is integral with the A3 and up oil
pan gasket to prevent the crank throws from splashing in the oil.

Drew

--

84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd
89 Audi 200 Turbo Quattro Avant