Oil cooler removal

> I am removing my oil cooler (16V style) to replace the
> sealing washer underneath it.  (I'm tired of sharing
> the Scirocco's oil with friends, family, and
> co-workers ;)  That stuff's expensive you know!)
>
> Question: Will I need to disconnect the coolant lines
> that run to it in order to get it off?  Or can I slip
> it off without disconnecting them?  (does the oil
> cooler have threads in it?)
>
> Thanks all.

I don't recall removing any lines when I did my 16V O ring. IIRC, you
unscrew the filter, and you'll see a nut on that same threaded rod which
keeps the cooler in place. In my case the whole rod had been threading off
with the filter, so it wasn't too tough. (I'm thinking you should remove
the threaded rod to get the cooler off) Someone slash at me if I don't
remember right, okay?

And what kind of VW owner are you, you have to mark your spot, or what's
the point? Drizzle on.

Cathy
1999 TDI New Beetle
1987 2L 16V Scirocco
1979 1.8L 10:1 8V
"Deja moo- the feeling you've heard this bull before"