Stall and Stumble

Hi all,

        Car in question is an '86 16v.  Overall, the car is mostly stock and
definitely a strong runner.  However, I've been thinking that the car's down
on power for awhile (strictly a butt dyno measurement).  It starts within 2
starter cycles when cold, but requires about 6-8 cycles of the starter to
start when warm.  Today, with the tank about 20-30 miles from empty, the car
died after a quick stop.  It restarted immediately.  Drove about 20 miles
with no real issues, but the car bucked when I gave it a quick stab of the
throttle on a downshift.  Five miles later, the car died again during an
easy stop on a downhill.  Again, it started immediately afterwards.  I'm
thinking fuel pump.  I'll be running the tests in Bentley to confirm, but I
thought I'd bounce it off the 'Roc collective.  Do you agree that it's
probably the fuel pump?  If so, which one?  Any help/BTDTs that you can
share would be appreciated.

-Brad
'86 Scirocco 16v