Lead foot Julie

Coming back from the security meeting monday, along Western Ave in Albany, a
black Tri-star (how do you spell mitsubishit?) pulled up next to me at the
light.

The other driver, young and wearing a baseball cap. Picture Julie in the MKI
with VW hat and sunglasses. We both turn and look at each other. The light
changes and we both take off mildly, side by side to the next light.

The light changes and the take off has more grunt to 60mph, but both stay
side by side to the next light (Lotsa lights).

We look at each other again. He's banging both hands on the steering wheel
and laughing.

Light changes again, pedal to the metal, tires squeeling, I took the lead
eventually, but not by much. I have never shifted the car so fast, nor so
well! Man what a buzz! A quick wave and both of us slow and turn off to our
exits.

I got on the thruway after showing a s**t eating grin to the ticket man.

God I love this car  :)

Julie Macfarlane (confirmed Rocc nut)
1981 MKI 2L 16v w 2Y
Amsterdam NY