$15K scirocco shopping list

> Well, the other thing that would tempt me would be a project
> I've discussed casually with another lister, and it could be
> done for less than 15K. How about twin turbo 1.6s. If even
> you got 150hp each out of them, you'd still have AWD with 300
> hp on tap, and evenly balanced, minimal weight. Driving the
> twin, even if you can hardly reach the pedals, leaves a
> lasting impression.

Mid engine W8 MKII would be cool, but it might break the bank.

> Of course my hubby's wet dream would be a MkII, tube framed,
> tubbed out, full out drag monster, mid engined (with a small
> block Chev or some such foolisness). With lots of stickers.
> So each to his own. I'm all over the sleeper concept.

There was such a monster for sale on thesamba.org a few months ago. Red
Scirocco, all tube frame, no running gear drag racing crazy body.

> And I believe the question was "if you had 15K to sink into a
> ROCCO", not a bimmer. So say you won the lottery and had your
> fleet of //Ms or whatever, and were to spoil a Rocco for
> purely sentimental reasons. We all know the ideal situation
> would be to have a fast cushy DD and a toy on the side.
> I could tolerate an M to get me to work, if I was forced into it...
>
> cathy

15k won't buy you much of an M car... Forget about mods, you'll barelly do
the basic maintenance with this budget.

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco