Something good from vortex

The cable inside the seat has stretched, or the bushes that guide the cable through the frame have come loose.  The only way I know to fix these potential problems is by taking the seat upholstery off the frame.  It can be done, but you will need some hog rings and ideally some hog ring pliers...  I recommend using VW hog rings as they are round when crimped instead of having sharp edges, which makes for a cleaner fastening...

HTH

David