From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of David Guido
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 5:34 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: California swappers please listen' up

I have a dilemma. Since I live in calif. I need to bring my MK1 16v
engine swap to a referee before I can  get it registered. Now, I first
believed that I had to initially go with the 1.8L because that's the
engine management system I'm using (CIS-E) , but now I hear that I can
just go with the 2.0L block instead, and that the referee won't care as
long as it behaves like a 1.8L. ( He may never check the code on the
block). The risk is that if the referee sees the engine code on the
2.0L he will recognize that the engine should have motronics, not CIS-E
and it will fail inspection.

What am I to do?   I really don't want to start with the 1.8L, as I
have a 2L engine ready to go in.

Has anybody has experience with the State of Calif inspection system as
it relates to the swaps, codes, engine management?

Will the referee even care?

Thanks in advance!

Craig Williams please chime in!