From: Tonee Northam [mailto:pb3vr6@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2004 10:50 AM
To: fahrvegnugen@cox.net; Dan Bubb; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Re: Momentary mumble.

They screwed up their own car and blamed you?

You should have told them that the red stuff goes in honda's and that
they need to go buy one to put it in, and to quit killing off vw's.

David Utley <fahrvegnugen@cox.net> wrote:
While not as labor intensive a job, you sound like me here at my job...

A lady called last week and said, "I have a 96 Jetta, and we just put
some P/S fluid in it, and it is still moaning... How much is a pump?" I
replied, "Well, what kind of P/S fluid did you put in?" She asks her
boyfriend, "Lucas." "I'm sorry, I should say what color..." She asks
again, "Red"... "Okay," I replied, "that is the cause for the whine
there. You need to use the green P/S fluid we sell here- "Listen, will
you just tell me the fucking price of the goddamned P/S pump?! Every
time I call you fucking people, you tell me I put the wrong fucking
color this or that in it. Just tell me the price of the fuking pump!"
Now I am suprised I did not hang up on her, or scream back. Instead I
said, "Ma'am, you do realize that I am on the learning curve with this,
don't you? And you also realize that I am trying to help you?" "Just
tell me the price of---" "Alright, hold on..." Boyfriend comes on the
phone, sounds like a real mouth-breather, "Yeah, how much is the pump?"
He mutters!
  in
 between exchanges..."Hold on sport." Here is where poetic justice comes
in. "Yes, that pump is 438.62, exhchange..." "438.62? Okay, thanks.."

I can't ever remember bitching someone out that I did not know, ever.
And unfortunately it happens about once every two weeks here...

David <------ Suffering burnout

> From: "Dan Bubb"
> Date: 2004/11/18 Thu AM 08:02:48 EST
> To: ,
> Subject: Re: Momentary mumble.
>
> Obviously not.
> Either it was somebody in a difficult situation where a little help
> could go a long way or it was somebody that had some performance plans

> that would not be realized without my help (typically due to financial

> issues) and I had a technical interest in participating in the
> performance upgrade. (or just convinced myself that it was a really
> easy job that could be done so quickly it didn't matter!) In most
> cases the owner participated, either a lot or a little. Doesn't mean
> it hasn't been a lot of work. Just means that in general, I'm a
> sucker. Somebody needs it and I pretty much have the means to do it.
> In the end when everybody drives their car away, I'm not sure that all

> the work has benefited me very much.

Chrome may make it bling, but it don't make the engine sing...

Elmhurst, IL.
mk3 Corrado VR6 (Baby)
mk4 Angry Bunny GLX VR6 (Sleeper)
pv4 Plymouth Voyager SE (Wife's Winter Driver)
b3 Passat GLX VR6 (Now Jarrett's Newer B3)

(Honda, The Other White Meat)