Really high oil level on my dipstick!

Perfectly level? No, but it is in the same spot both times.  To add to
the clues, the orange cap thing isn't attached firmly to the dipstick
this morning.  That had never happened before either.  No parts apear
to be cracked or broke, but I can now pull the dip stick out and the
orange thing can stay on the tube that goes into the block.  No insult
taken, I feel pretty dumb at this moment.